Are you suffering from chronic or recurrent sinus symptoms?
If so, relief is closer than you think!
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon Sinuplasty is a breakthrough medical procedure that relieves the common symptoms associated with chronic sinusitis, including facial pain and pressure. It is used to safely and effectively treat chronic sinusitis patients who are not responding well to medications such as antibiotics, nasal steroids, or over-the-counter (OTC) drugs.
How Balloon Sinuplasty Works
With Balloon Sinuplasty, a specially-designed catheter is inserted into the nose to reach the blocked sinus cavity. A small balloon is slowly inflated, which widens and restructures the walls of the sinus passage, helping to drain mucus from the blocked sinus and restore normal sinus drainage without cutting and with minimal bleeding. This approach also preserves the natural structure of the sinuses.
Where is Balloon Sinuplasty Performed?
Balloon Sinuplasty can be performed under general anesthesia at a hospital or surgery center – or right in your doctor’s office under local anesthesia. In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery, without a trip to the hospital or operating room (OR) required.
Benefits of In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty
- Local Anesthesia: In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty is an option for patients who decline or are ineligible for general anesthesia.
- Fast Recovery: Although recovery time varies with each patient, most patients who undergo the in-office procedure can return to normal activities and work within 2 days.(1)
- Comfortable Surroundings: Experience the procedure in the comfort of your physician’s office rather than a hospital operating room.
- High Patient Satisfaction: The majority of patients who underwent In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty would recommend the procedure to family and friends.(1)
- Potential for Significant Cost Savings: Some eligible patients may have lower out-of-pocket costs if the procedure is performed in a lower cost of care setting, such as a physician’s office.
Is In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty Right for You?
Dr. Garren has extensive experience successfully performing traditional sinus surgery and In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty. If you suffer from chronic sinusitis and have not responded well to medications, call our office today at 330-343-9600 to find out if In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty is right for you.
Sources and Disclaimers:
1. Karanfilov B, Silvers S, Pasha R, Sikand A, Shikani A, Sillers M and the ORIOS2 Study Investigators. Office-based balloon sinus dilation: a prospective, multicenter study of 203 patients. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol, 2012; 00:1-8.
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts the sale, distribution or use of these devices to, by or on the order of a physician. Third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. This content is intended for visitors from the United States only.
Balloon Sinuplasty Technology is intended for use by or under the direction of a physician. Balloon Sinuplasty Technology has associated risks, including tissue and mucosal trauma, infection, or possible optic injury. Prior to use, it is important to read the Instructions for Use and to understand the contraindications, warnings and precautions associated with these devices.
Call 330-343-9600 Today to Schedule an Appointment
Our office accepts most major insurance plans, including Aultcare, Medical Mutual, and many others.